Melton Optical welcomes new Patients
Here at Melton Optical, an initial examination usually takes 30 minutes or more. This always includes a detailed history covering your previous ocular history, your general health including medications, as well as your family history.
As well as measuring and correcting your vision, we will carry out a thorough investigation of your eye health looking for eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration, as well as systemic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension which, if left unchecked, can have devastating effects on vision.
Our optometrists are therapeutically endorsed to prescribe medications for common eye conditions such as conjunctivitis, dry eyes and red eyes. They are also able to prescribe eye drops to manage glaucoma, and have extensive experience in foreign body removal and lacrimal drainage procedures.
We also provide assessments for laser refractive surgery and are an accredited associate of Laser Sight Centres. We can provide initial assessments as well as pre and post procedural care for all forms of laser surgery.
Mario Borazio has undertaken postgraduate study for advanced Low Vision assessment and can advise on the most appropriate magnification option for visually impaired patients.
Depending on your particular needs, treatment options may include:
- Prescription of glasses, contact lenses or magnifiers
- Prescription of eye drops
- Vision Therapy eye exercises
- Advice on eye hygiene
- Laser surgery recommendation
- Referral to an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) or GP as appropriate
If you are new to Melton Optical, you can save time by downloading and completing the below
New Patient Form(s) and bringing it with you to your appointment.
What to bring:
- Medicare card
- Private health fund card
- Pension, Health care or Seniors card
- Your current glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Any eye drops you are using
- Any referral letters or relevant reports
- The form you downloaded and filled out
Information on fees:
- Consultations are bulk billed to Medicare
- There may be a fee of $80 for contact lens fitting, depending on your prescription
- We charge $50 for an OCT scan if indicated
- VicRoads report Fee $30