Health Update May: COVID-19
Melton Optical Services is open for routine eyecare!
It’s certainly been a unique, few months, however we’re now excited to return to providing routine eyecare for the Melton and surrounding community.
As COVID -19 hit, initially our practice remained open only for urgent and necessary eye care. We are proud to have been able to continue to provide urgent care to those in our community throughout this period.
The health of our staff, patients and community is paramount, so we have implemented additional health and safety protocols to keep you safe within our practice, such as:
- Hand sanitizer provided for use upon arrival
- Breath shields on our reception desk and on our testing equipment
- Social distancing where appropriate
- Staggering appointments to limit the amount of people in the practice
- Personal protective equipment used as appropriate
- Thorough disinfecting throughout the practice
- Monitoring patient health and rescheduling when needed
- Strict protocols for staff who become unwell
In May, in line with Department of Health advice, we returned to welcoming patients to our practice for routine vision and eye health examination appointments, in addition to emergency eyecare.
If you have any vision or eye health concerns and would like to book an appointment with our Optometrists Mario or Sami, or you were due for an appointment but were unable to attend due to previous restrictions we invite you to book online or call us.
If your glasses need an adjustment or repair, you are welcome to drop in anytime, but please be mindful that if there are already more than two patients in the waiting room you will have to wait to come inside the practice. You can also order contact lenses online through our website, or by calling us.
As always, Stefani, Lynette, Misty and James would be happy to answer any further questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you in the Practice soon.
Click here to book online today